[Wine] Access Samba Shares Tru wine

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Mar 8 19:00:14 CST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 18:30 -0600, pinoy_steal wrote:

> Thanks for all reply. I am the owner of that directory. the default
> mask are 022. But I change the directory permission with "777" thanks
> for the help sir. This question are solve.

Leaving anything that wide open is a thoroughly bad idea.

Setting a directory (and its default mask) to 0755 would be better (user
has read/write/execute access, group and world have read/execute) and
use 0664 for files and their default (user and group have read/write
access and world has read).

Using world write permission for anything is extremely unwise: its a
good way to open the way for a virus or trojan to do real damage to your
system.

Martin