[Wine] Re: Debugging and userfriendliness

whatbug wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 31 16:49:09 CDT 2010

dimesio: It was intended as discussion rather than as a question.
jeffz: Thanks for the tip on the debug channels.
Gert: That only really explains like four of the debug channels, doesn't help with the rest of the list. So, yes, what dimesio said in his/her last post.

On the topic of better debugging though, I did find this (http://www.sparxsystems.com/uml_tool_guide/visual_execution_analyzer/wine_debugging.htm). Haven't set it up yet though cause wine can't run the main exe for it and I haven't had the time to kick it around much yet.
Looks much better than the normal wine debugger from its description, particularly in the actually being able to ignore access violations. :|
So I'll try this route for now cause I don't think implementing a new debugging system in wine would take any short of a year.