[Wine] Installing Wine From A Patched Source

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 10:46:46 CST 2010

On 11/16/10 9:36 AM, Skcorps wrote:
> A program I'm running requires a patch to be installed, I successfully downloaded the source and applied the patch to the source. How do I compile this into a wine build I can use now? The documentation on the wiki doesn't help that much, I'm quite new to all this.

./configure
make
(if you want to replace your existing Wine installation do the following
and you must be a member of sudoers list.  This CAN be done as ROOT
also.  Do not run Wine as root however.)
sudo make install

If you want to run wine from the installation directories you need to
change to the bin directory and then issue ./wine <rest of command here>

James McKenzie