[Wine] Installing Wine From A Patched Source

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 16 10:52:18 CST 2010

On 11/16/10 9:42 AM, Skcorps wrote:
> Sorry about the double post, I'm typing this from a blackberry and so the edit button, if there is one, isn't anywhere to be found for some reason.
>
> I left out some information: for one, I'm running the latest version of Snow Leopard; also, I do not have the developer tools that seem to be referenced constantly in order to use the make command, which seems to be my problem. I hear they can be installed through an OSX install CD, but I bought my computer from a store prebuilt. Should I expect that install CD to come with it or do I need to get it from somewhere?

Load XCode from the Snow Leopard DVD and then get ready for a REALLY
large upgrade to the latest version (it is over a GB in size.)

After that, go to either MacPorts or Fink to download and install Wine.
All these two sites to is provide the necessary dependencies to build
Wine and we support running Windows programs with both builds here as
'vanilla' Wine.  If you experience problems building Wine, then use the
site contacts to advise.

Thank you.

James McKenzie