[Wine] ASIO audio drivers for WINE?

Peter L Jones gmane at drealm.info
Tue Oct 5 03:55:10 CDT 2010

Hi Jordan,

WineASIO really has much more to do with JACK.  It's possible it will get into
the JACK distribution -- though the dependency on the ASIO SDK would have to be
managed in the build script somehow (i.e. skip wineasio if no SDK rather than
fail to build JACK).  One of my "tasks" is to see if I can get it to compile on
Windows as well -- the current JackRouter is, apparently, mildly frowned upon
because it's C++ rather than C like the rest of Jack.

(Corollary: MSWindows doesn't ship with ASIO.  You get it when you want to work
with "pro" audio.  On Linux, the equivalent of ASIO is JACK -- so JACK should
supply any ASIO driver.  Currently, WineASIO is sitting off to the side -- a
bit like ASIO4ALL does on Windows.)

Cheers,

-- Peter