[Wine] WINE, StarCraft II and I/O bottlenecks

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 10 10:18:43 CDT 2010

  On 10/10/10 7:30 AM, Edward Savage wrote:
> Excuse my brief reply since I've written this 10+ times now.
>
> If you're willy to put in the time identifying the bottleneck and creating a bug for this would help a lot of people, not just for this game.  Unfortunately this has to be done by some one who actually has a decent computer (say i7/460) ruling out all those who maintain the sc2 bugs/appdb so far.

Why that 'state of the art' platform?  If SC will run on a Core Duo 2
Ghz with 4GB of ram, than that is more than acceptable to write a
performance bug against.

One thing that may help is if the 'slow' program were run from the
command line and a logging file were posted to show what may be slowing
the program down (missing or partially implemented functionality) or if
the program has to downgrade itself, would also help greatly.

James McKenzie