[Wine] WoW error "failed to find a suitable display device.."

Drinkjetfuel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 13 14:27:53 CDT 2010

Let me preface this post by saying I'm very new to Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I'm currently running Ubuntu 10.04 64bit, wine 1.3.2 and 2 ati 5770 cards in crossfire.  I've upgraded the video drivers to the latest 10.8 version found on amd.ati.com

When I try to run wow.exe I get the message "failed to find a suitable display device" this occurs with and w/o the -opengl flag.

I've ran "glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"" and received "returns direct rendering:Yes"

Thank you in advance.