[Wine] Re: WoW error "failed to find a suitable display device..&q

Drinkjetfuel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 13 16:54:08 CDT 2010

Thank you.

After reading your post I went into synaptic and installed fglrx, fglrx-amdcccle, fglrx-modaliases, jockey-gtk and jockey-common.

I had to remove restart / activate restart the proprietary FGLRX driver.  ATI catalyst is showing the up to date 10.8 catalyst and 8.762 package version.

WoW now works in opengl mode.  However in D3D mode the background animation is upside down and the text is right side up.  I'll have to research / read up on that one.

Thank you.