[Wine] Re: Cannot launch games

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 6 14:40:45 CDT 2011

foxx1996 wrote:
> I got it from softsonic...It was called a winebottler combo, which came with wine and winebottler. Was I supposed to get or buy it somewhere related or linked to this site? The version I believe is 1.1.14.

Wine 1.1.14 is VERY old...

WineBottler is a 3rd party app, the Wine.app that is part of it is also basically part of WineBottler... its not standard Wine.  Using any 3rd party software like this, you'll have to get support directly from the proper support channels for the software.

Standard Wine is built from source here, you can also use tools like Macports or Fink to make that easy, but standard Wine on OSX is all command line.

Crossover, WineBottler, Wineskin, Bordeaux, PlayOnMac, etc... are all 3rd party tools that have their own support channels.  If you want to use a 3rd party program to make it easier.. check out the link... http://wiki.winehq.org/ThirdPartyApplications.  I'd suggest Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/Information.html), but I'm rather biased since its my project  :-)