[Wine] Using Controllers with WINE

Haravikk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 18 08:10:11 CDT 2011

I'm curious if there are any good step-by-step guides for connecting controllers and using them under WINE. In particular I'm interested in using a Wireless XBox 360 controller with WINE running under Mac, very specific I know!

It seems like something might be a good candidate for a section of the WINE wiki; a hub for guides to connecting various controllers to your computer, and once that's done how to then get them to work under WINE.

Anyway, I think I'm okay for actually connecting the controller to my Mac, though it seems I'll need to buy Microsoft's receiver to do so, so I may have a look at desktop gaming controllers instead.

However I don't see any wiki page entries for getting a controller running under WINE, so it seems like something that could with an author for future reference!