[Wine] Re: New to Wine, Help me please

yashas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 24 08:07:41 CDT 2011

[quote="James McKenzie"]On 4/23/11 6:40 PM, yashas wrote:
[quote]Hi all, I'm very newbie to wine. I have joined in a company where I have been a the bug fixing on wine. I'm just learning the architecture. Anyone direct where the solve the bug that I have to solve.
I dont have chrome installed in my Wine when i start the ie7 and pass chrome as the argument, the button "Install Chrome" is blank instead of putting a blue button with the text.
I dont know where to start with. can anyone please help me solving the issue..

[/quote]How about answering a few questions for us:

1.  Why are you trying to install Chrome.  Wine uses the GECKO engine
for html functionality.
2.  Why can't you use calls to the Linux/UNIX native version of Chrome?

Thank you.[/quote]

Ya, this task is given to test me the wine skills, I have started to learn 2days back. Itz getting hard to understand within 1 or 2 days the complete wine. but the task should be done within 1week. Im good at C in linux and havent done wine anytime.
They have given the task of opening the ie7 and give the link as http://google.com/chrome. So the browser a white button for "Install Chrome"

Help me please