[Wine] Re: Alsa: underrun occured

BorgAssimilator wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 26 05:59:30 CDT 2011

Frédéric Delanoy wrote:

> Try installing/upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10.
>
> Wine doesn't support natively Pulse Audio, but uses Alsa-PulseAudio
> compatibility packages. There seems to be some bugs regarding
> Alsa/PulseAudio integration, negatively impacting Wine. I believe the
> version of PA shipped in 10.10 fixes some of those bugs.
>
> Frédéric

Is it trying to use pulse audio? I did find some people on the internet saying how bad pulse audio was and that it should be removed, so I did. I also made sure nothing was running at the time I tried the test in winecfg. Is wine still trying to use it somehow / would there be any way to tell it otherwise?

In the past I've gotten wine sound work with the aoss wrapper, but unfortunately it didn't solve the issue in this case.