[Wine] Re: MBT Desktop Pro

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 13 17:11:29 CDT 2011

jcgg wrote:
> Here is my quandary. I am attempting to install Desktop Pro. When I use wine via the terminal I type wine MBTPRO.exe and the program installation flashes across the screen, runs through the installation and finishes as if the program was properly installed. I look in the wine program files directory and nothing is there.
>
> When I try to install the same program from my Linux Desktop using the wine windows program loader or Q4Wine, the program begins the installation and then stops with the following DLL error,"Could not load the dll library". So my question is does any one have an idea what is going on here?
>
> Thanks.

Assuming you mean this app: http://www.mbtrading.com/mbtdesktoppro.aspx, it needs vcrun6 installed with winetricks before you run the installer. It installs and gets to the login screen just fine in Wine 1.3.26, but I can't say whether it actually works or not since I don't have an account.

Now, for future reference, when asking a question please specify what Wine version you are using (ideally, it should be the latest development release), and do not ask about third party apps such as Q4Wine, as only plain Wine is supported here.