[Wine] copy of the .wine directory

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Aug 16 09:26:52 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 07:51 -0500, LadGalen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I install fedora 15 on my new computer. Before I was under ubuntu
> 11.04. I install wine from fedora 15 repository and before doing
> anything with wine I copy my .wine directory into my new home
> directory.

How did you do the copy?
Have you checked that the file ownership and permissions are correct for
the new user?

> All programs do not work correctly and I get the following error message :
>
> Code:
>
> wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe"
>

> Nevertheless I have wineboot :

Is $PATH set correctly in the new user and does it match default
software locations for Fedora 15?

Bear in mind that the filing system differs between Debian-based distros
(such as Ubuntu) and RedHat distros, e.g. Fedora, and that this may mean
that search paths copied from one to the other may not work correctly.

Martin