[Wine] Re: Wine and pulse audio

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 11 10:48:42 CST 2011

I'm using Open Sound System (OSS-v4.2-build2005) on Ubuntu 11.10 without that PulseAudio thing and it works great. I haven't any problems in Wine or other applications. I don't know how it would work with Mumble, but it's capable of handling multiple sound streams.

Vitamin is a Wine developer and as he pointed out there are already lots of sound drivers. Maintaining another one when there are still unsolved problems with ALSA and OSS backends is a waste of time and resources.