[Wine] Kubuntu 10.10 hangs up, while using DVDFab with wine 1.2/1.3

eule2010 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 18 15:18:01 CST 2011

Hello,

first of all, let me say sorry, for my ugly english !

In the past, I used DVDFab 7/8 with wine 1.2  on Kubuntu 10.04. Everything worked fine, without any special configuration. I used the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray Function.

Now, i did a new installation of Kubuntu 10.10, and DVDFab looks like this:

DVDFAB 7.0.9.3
[Image: http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1065/dvdfab7093.png ]

DVDFab 8.0.7.3
[Image: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1783/dvdfab8073.png ]

But this is not the biggest problem. The main problem is, that after a few hours Blu-Ray encoding the complete Kubuntu freezes or hangs up !

I tested wine 1.2 and wine 1.3 with DVDFab 7 and 8. All the same problem.

I am not using any GPU to encode Blu-Rays but i have installed fglrx on my system.

I put the following DLL’s, mfc42.dll, msvcp60.dll, advpack.dll, asycfilt.dll, comcat.dll, msvbvm60.dll, oleaut32.dll, olepro32.dll, stdole2.tlb to .wine\drive_c\windows\system32 folder.
I do not know, if its realy necessary ?

Any Ideas ?

greets

eule210