[Wine] Re: Quicken 2011 Starter Edition, installs, crashes when run

Louie1961 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 11:57:43 CST 2011

Just as an update, on a whim, I downloaded and installed the latest crossover trial package. With one minor tweak (changing the bottle from win 2000 to winXP) crossover is able to install and run Quicken 2011. I told crossover I was installing quicken 2010, but selected the quicken 2011 installer. It seemed to precede the installation with sever pre-requisites ie6, .net v2, arial fonts, and msls31.

One thing it installed that I had not previously tried was InstMsiA.exe. I only noticed this in the logs after the fact.

I mention all of this not to poke a stick in anyone's eye, but rather, in case it helps diagnose the problem.