[Wine] Re: Anyone able to install Sony Vegas HD Platinum in a linux os?

shipp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 17 14:37:40 CST 2011

So, i've tinkered some more.  I have a few questions.

I am able to install dotnet30.   I am unable to install dotnet40.  I am able to install vcrun2008, I may be able to install vcrun2010 as well.  Does anyone know if Sony Vegas 10 requires dotnet40? or will dotnet30 be fine.  Ive seen dotnet3.5 too, should vegas require that instead How do i install it to wine, without it being available in winetricks (i told you i was new to this).

I can't even get setup.exe to run.  When i try to using gui interface my mouse pointer changes to a loading symbol and nothing happens.  When i use wine or wine start from the terminal it just skips immediately to a new prompt, and nothing happens.

I fresh install wine, then i add msxl6, corefonts, tahoma, fontfix, vcrun2008, gdiplus, directmusic, quicktime 76, dotnet30 and wmp10.  Is there anything else i need to run Vegas 10?  Anyone know?

When i install WMP10 the winetricks process never finishes in terminal, but at the end of it Winamp opens and I can add files to the library.  Whats going on there, is there something screwed up in my wine or what?

If you can answer even one of these questions, please do.  Thanks