[Wine] Re: Windows program installation with Wine

crow_se wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 3 12:00:23 CDT 2011

Thanks for the reply.
The only Windows programs I use at present I copied directly over from
my XP partition into ~/home/Programs and run them by setting an icon on
the panel as wine Path to home/Programs/program/exe file
Any Windows program apart from these that I try installing will be purely
to try it out.
Since none of the Windows programs I have at present were installed
under Wine then I would assume any new programs that I try could be
removed by replacing .Wine with the copy and then deleting as in
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-8a17a13a8a4cda9e12e24a1ad4e1b1aaf043d581
and then check and/or delete ~/.local/share/wineprefixes
Is this a reasonable assumption ?