[Wine] New Program on Unix

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Jul 5 10:12:06 CDT 2011

On 07/05/2011 07:05 AM, Falcon703549 wrote:
> I have installed a Windows Program on Unix and running under Wine. The program is a DRM solution aimed at creating secure documents, at the stage of creating the document, the program fails.
>
> The company does not support this program on Unix, can anyone who is more experienced than I am with unix offer any suggestions how this might be investigated further to find what is going wrong?
>
> For example is there a way to find out where the prcocess is falling down

What version of the Wine are you using? Are there any error messages
when the program fails?  Is there and entry in the appdb for the program
and if so have you tried any suggestions listed there?

There are some good ideas in the forum posting guidelines for helping to
track down problems. Some of those may be a place for you to start to
gather more information about the issue so people can get a better idea
of what it might be. There is a sticky for the guidelines at the top of
the forum or the link is: http://wiki.winehq.org/ForumGuidelines