[Wine] Re: Sims 3 help

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 11 09:52:35 CDT 2011

lixn wrote:
> Hey, Im new to wine and ubuntu and just downloaded wine (1.2.2-0ubuntu6).

Start by upgrading Wine. That version is old.

> 4: "The SIMS(tm) 3 install.app"-folder shows up.
> 5: I right-click on it, and click "open with with wine for driving windows programs" or something.

(I think) what you tried to run is the Mac installer. You need to find the Windows installer on the cd and run that with Wine.  The Windows installer will have an .exe extension. Follow the instructions in the FAQ to run it: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f.