[Wine] Wine on Mac and Photoscape

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:31:55 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Eegabooga <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I installed Wine on my Mac solely to use Photoscape.  I loaded in a picture in and edited it with no problems but when I
> went to save I got this error:
> [Image: http://i.imgur.com/e6NFK.png ]
>
> I tried changing the permissions of the photo but still got the same error.  I then went to .wine and changed the permissions
> to 777 recursively but I am still getting the error.
>
> I don't think running it as root would fix the problem and it's probably not too safe.  I read somewhere that running things as
> root messes up the .wine directory's permissions as well so I'm not going to go there.

Running your Mac as root is HIGHLY not suggested either.

If you could capture a logging file when you try to save a file that
would be more beneficial than a screenshot of the error message.
Instructions are located in the Wine FAQ at
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

Also, there is an entry for Photoscape in the Applications Database.
The latest version, 3.5 is rated bronze.  I would suggest looking at
the page to see if there are any fixes for your problem provided by
other Photoscape users.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=7854

However, test results are old, the last was posted in December of
2010. Since the application is 'free to use' I might be able to
dowload and install it this evening to see if I can reproduce this
error.

James