[Wine] Re: Wine on Mac and Photoscape

Eegabooga wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 18 12:50:29 CDT 2011

qwertymn wrote:
> hi , i tried the application, downloaded from http://software-files-l.cnet.com/s/software/11/42/42/76/PhotoScapeSetup_V3.5.exe?e=1311021689&h=931686d620fd58bbc1fa5e33ecae806c&lop=link&ptype=1901&ontid=2192&siteId=4&edId=3&spi=6c8aedbe7dfca5ea0b52cc12cbec19a2&pid=11424276&psid=10703122&fileName=PhotoScapeSetup_V3.5.exe
>
> I get the same error on Linux, so not MAC specific. Using native gdiplus seems to get rid of the error.
>
> Could run the app like:
>
> WINEDLLOVERRIDES="gdiplus=n" wine PhotoScape.exe
>
> and report back please (btw, the app comes with it's own gdiplus, no need to install it)

Thank you!  This fixed it! I can now save properly.

One more question, during the process of all this I changed my hidden .wine to just wine to make it unhidden. I'm wondering if this will affect my wine usage?  Will this create any errors? Are there any benefits to leaving my wine folder hidden?

Thanks again to jjmckenzie and qwertymn for helping me! :)

Here is the log from the successful run (I'm sure somebody will get some use out of it):

Code:

$ cd $HOME/wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Photoscape/
$ WINEDLLOVERRIDES="gdiplus=n" wine Photoscape.exe
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x3146c0,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10072), partial stub!
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x0), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10072), partial stub!
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x4062ec24 "socket.c: csWSgetXXXbyYYY" wait timed out in thread 001d, blocked by 001c, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x4062ec24 "socket.c: csWSgetXXXbyYYY" wait timed out in thread 0020, blocked by 001c, retrying (60 sec)
fixme:shell:SHGetDataFromIDListA SHGDFIL 3 stub
[...]
fixme:dciman:DCICreatePrimary 0x650 0xdee2ac
[...]
fixme:shell:BrsFolder_OnCreate flags BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE partially implemented
fixme:shell:BrsFolder_OnCreate flags 10 not implemented