[Wine] Re: Buildung Wine on OS X

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 18 17:58:34 CDT 2011

Sheva wrote:
> Okay, I've tested it with Wineskin and it runs... but again the mounted image is not recognized. (But showed up) :-/
>
> I've named the disc KA_2 (for klingon academy cd 2). May it be the case, that the game wants to have a specific name for the CD and wont recognize other names than the "original"?
>
> I have the original CDs here, but it doesnt makes any sense to put it into my drive when I have .iso images of them (plus, they only contain movies and I thought about creating a folder so that the game goes directly into the folder instead of searching the drives for them)
>
> I think thats the border-line for me here, cause I'm not very into debugging and modding of game-files.
> (I try to change the 'movie-path' now... maybe this will do the trick)

Getting the ISO to mount right where it recognizes it usually does need the right name, and the same it was installed from.  It also doesn't always work.  Getting these to automount in Wineskin is possible, but it will take a lot of trial and error... me, when I run into these I just try to use a no-cd hack... which I see some available for Klingon Academy, which would allow it to work and not look for discs at all.  Of course as a disclaimer, those cracks are not legal in every part of the world.