[Wine] USB SoundCard no longer recognized in 1.3.25

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 25 15:27:17 CDT 2011

 > I just upgraded to wine-1.3.25 from the PPA repository and my USB
 > soundcard is no longer recognized.
 > (I have pulseaudio disabled, and the USB set as my "default" card.)
 > I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
 > The program's message says
 > "The audio input device is not responding."
 > and
 > "The sound system does not support the requested waveform audio
 > format."
 >
 > But alsamixer shows the right default card, and the right settings.
 > Should I file a regression? I couldn't test for it until next week at
 > the earliest.

Are you testing with a clean prefix (and other user data, etc)? Dragon
might be expecting to find a certain card name, which is now changed
with the new implementation.

If you are using a clean prefix, then please file a bug, and add me to
the CC list. There is some information about filing useful audio bugs
here: <http://wiki.winehq.org/Sound>. Attaching a log as described there
would be especially helpful.

Thanks,
Andrew