[Wine] Problem to uninstall a program within Wine under Mac OS X 10

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:41:48 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 5:37 AM, doh123 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> WineBottler and other Third Party apps cannot be supported here because they are just too different than plain Wine.
>
> Wine Third Party Apps (http://wiki.winehq.org/ThirdPartyApplications)
>
> WineBottler has many issues, mainly because it has not been updated in a loooong time, and I'm not sure the developer
> even works on it anymore, so it might be a dead project.

My attempts to contact Mike have been for naught.  I'm considering
this a 'dead' and abandoned project.  Don't know why there has been
very little or no activity on his web site either going on three
months.

> Normal Wine on Mac OS X, is build yourself and command line usage.  You can do this easier with Macports, so it does
> the building for you.  There is also a builder script that helps too.

Ryan has an osxwinebuilder script (Google for it) that builds all of
the dependencies, Wine and a few other nice to have accessories.

> If you want a more GUI usage... I'd suggest Wineskin (though I'm biased since thats my project) or Crossover (made for
> user friendliness and good support, but its not free)... but those have their own support channels also, and are not supported
> here.

Good ideas for those who are new to the Mac and Wine.

James