[Wine] Visual C++ installation Help?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:08:56 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Wineexperiments187
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I have done what you have told me but I am not sure if they were installed correctly or if they Did anything...
>
> How can I tell if they were installed at all?
>
> Also, In the VCRUN2005 it won't let me download it for some reason...
> It says:
> sha1sum mismatch! Rename /home/boyz/.cache/winetricks/vcrun2005/vcredist_x86.exe and try again.
>
> WHAT does this mean??
> this has been happening when I try to download and install some games through WINEtricks too.
>
> Any ideas? :(

The file it downloaded does not match the checksum that is expected
for that file meaning either the download is corrupt (which the
message for renaming the file will fix), your winetricks is old, or
winetricks needs to be updated becuause microsoft changed their
download.

I wouuld first try renaming the file your output says to rename and
then try winetricks again.

John