[Wine] PureEdge 6.5 Completed

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 13:56:33 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Kernel <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> After a few months of work with every available version of PureEdge, the PureEdge 6.5 windows installer with the latest build
> of wine does work. You can also use the latest version of CrossOver and get the same functionality.

Please do the project a favor and update or create an entry for this product.

One question though:  Is this product still available?  I was advised
that IBM had replaced it with a new release.

>  The riched20 has been problematic in the past, but without using the following winetricks, you will not get full functionality:
>
> corefonts
> riched20
This is because several functions, that I have been working on, are
not available in richedit under Wine.

> Email, Print, Save and Editing functions will all work. I have made an initial package using these winetricks and have added
> custom icons for OS X. Just send me a pm if you want a compiled app. I'm working a refined version that has file
> association and icons now. This will work on OS X 10.5 to 10.6.8. With the release of lion around the corner i'd rather wait
> for a post lion build before adding to the wine app db.

Please do not wait on Lion's release (BTW, it has been available for
about two weeks now and I have no plans on upgrading for about three
to six months.)  Also, please keep in mind that many Mac users will
not be able to upgrade to Lion as it will only install on 64 bit
systems (basically only systems produced in the last year or so, it
will not install on my 2008 MacBookPro.)

Thank you.