[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3.26 no output from linux console to windows console

C3PO wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 5 09:51:25 CDT 2011

vitamin wrote:

> FAR won't ever be the right solution for *NIX. It doesn't understand many things, and doesn't get the "first person view" on what's going on with the system. But will have to look through Wine's goggles.

Could you clarify what first person view in terms of MC means?

vitamin wrote:

> The only people who want to use Far on *NIX are ones who do not understand system well enough. There are things that Far just can't do (just to name major problems):
> - Set correct file permissions

Wong it can do it.

vitamin wrote:

> - Change group/ownership of files

Wrong it can it.

vitamin wrote:

> - Create/show/edit symlinks

Again not true.

vitamin wrote:

> - Properly handle special files
> - Correctly understand *NIX paths
> - Handle multiple files with the same name but different case (eg "file" and "File" and "FILE")

[/quote]

You're wrong. It can do it under WINE.

If I wrote what MC cannot do compared to far that would take about 5 pages. Anyway this is WINE forum, WINE is windows emulator for people who wants to run WIN programs on LINUX.

I've been programming longer than you think and the only criteria for me is the development speed - an effectiveness. I want an integrated customizable console solution for my tasks, which is not messed with the key shortcuts and could be expandable with plugins. I don't want to open different programs run commands in 5 different console edit the several files with 5 instances of MC I want one program which can do it all. As most of the time I deal with files and remote hosts I want an extremely sophisticated and fast file manager - and that is precisely what FAR is.