[Wine] Sap Gui 7.20

cgonzalez76 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 7 16:13:10 CDT 2011

Hi
I'm new here, but not new to wine...

Im triying to install SAP GUI version 7.20 (i'm working as abaper, and hate windows).

So far i managed to install it (wine 1.3.27)

with a fresh prefix:
winetrick msxml3

then run the installer it will crash, but it continue running on background, keep it running until a message will be shown.

now yo have to rename the manifest in windows/winsxs/x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_x-ww_6f74963e.manifest to something else...

and then you have to add this to your services file /etc/services
sapdp00  3200/tcp
sapdp01  3201/tcp
sapdp02  3202/tcp .... look in the windows/system32/drivers/etc/services file for the complete list...

Sap Gui will run but u have to change the theme to the windows default, edit the user.reg and look for:

[Software\\SAP\\General\\Enjoy]

set active to off, like this

"Active"="off"

Sap will run just fine but i will hang on some transactions like se38 and editing some code...

i hope someone can help me...just pm me...