[Wine] Re: gcc1: out of memory error when installing wine

sandy123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 9 11:35:01 CDT 2011

Thanks for your help.  By way of explanation, the dependencies problem came when I tried to install wine.  There were so many programs that I had to download and install that I couldn't get through the programs needed to install wine.  But wine wouldn't install without them.

I need to use the winamp player because there is a specific plugin for it that will lock onto an IEP when it is streaming, and no matter what goes on, internet down for a day, or whatever, it always automatically reconnects itself and starts firing up so I am pretty locked in to what I need as far as the player.

What version of wine do you recommend that would run winamp and what version of linux do you recommend to go with wine?  Am I missing something as to getting wine to install in the new version of suse without having a bunch of dependencies to deal with?  I really would like to use suse as I am familiar with it but think I could pick up on another version even though I dread learning another as I have .  Thank you for your help.  You have no idea how I appreciate it.