[Wine] Working Compile on OS/X 10.7 (Lion)

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Sun Sep 11 13:54:45 CDT 2011

> I've essentially used the "osxwinebuilder.sh" script with some slight modifications since some of the apps on there don't seem to compile right out of the box.
>
> I've posted my version of the build script here:
> http://code.google.com/p/osxwinebuilder/issues/detail?id=21
>
> Maybe I'm compiling in too much for what I want it to do. (which is to play a couple of games)  However like I said I've got it to work on 10.6.8, but those same steps don't work on 10.7.1.  I've tried both X-Code 3.2.6 and X-Code 4.1 on Lion using this script and the resulting binary doesn't work.  (for me anyway)
>
> Maybe I just need to strip everything down and just build wine using the fewest options to get it to work.

That's likely the case.  I package a *lot* of stuff up with the build for parity with Wine packaged with Linux distros.  A lot of the reqs (SDL, Gstreamer, SANE) can probably be pulled out with the appropriate configuration options.  Still don't have a Lion build box for testing though, so I can't say exactly what can be pulled out, but gstreamer and its reqs can easily be disabled. -r