[Wine] Mouse not working in Hellgate

bg4m3r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 19 16:35:55 CDT 2011

Ok, I've been a little bit all over with this. I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 64bit (kernel 2.6.38.11) and GNOME 2.32.1. I have Wine 1.3.28 installed and Hellgate is installed and runs well, except the mouse does not work. I've seen various patches, but I'm unsure as to how to install them, and I've also seen where someone said that this bug should be fixed if Wine is fully updated as well as another item, related to X.org, but I've lost track of the post and don't recall exactly what it was that I needed to check. I added the Ubuntu X-swat update ppa (it was mentioned in the post) and ran update manager, but it seems this did not correct the problem. I would like to not have to patch Wine, as I know that involves compiling it myself, but if I must, I must. This mouse issue seems to have affected many apps, so I would likely run into it with other stuff I plan on trying to run.

Anyway, I am a novice with linux (currently taking a Linux+ class atm), and a complete newie with Wine. If someone could give me some current info on taking care of this issue, I would be greatly appreciative!