[Wine] Program No Longer Can Save

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Sep 21 10:46:32 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 14 Elul 5771 20:45:18 David Baron wrote:
> This is not the true description. Comdlg32 crashes out even if I cancel.
>
> Could this be relevant?
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  20
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x5a00001
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode:  20
>   Minor opcode:  0
>   Resource id:  0x5e00001
>
> I can run the program (Jammer Pro 6) as Win98 with the dll copied from
> there but even simply reading files with MIDI information chokes. I haver
> never been able to run MIDI programs in Win98 mode in wine.
>
> Problem started with the version of "wine-unstable" on Debian Sid and
> persists in 3.1.28. I do not believe wine upgrading caused it but that
> wine is running afoul of some other Sid upgrade on or around August 30.

Bunch of tests --> BIG regression problem.

From WineHQ:
1.2.3 stable. Has error
1.3.28 unstable. Has error

From Debian Sid repos:
1.1.03 wine. Works like a charm
1.35 wine-unstable. Has error, except that a couple of weeks ago, I was using
this version perfectly. As I said, I believe some other upgrade is what broke
any and all newer wine versions. The old one, however still works.

BTW, suspecting problems with nvidia due to some postings here, I tested with
nouveau. Still failed. The oldest and goodest ran on nvidia right now.