[Wine] lotro - Isengard patch fails w/ pylotro

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Sep 26 14:46:48 CDT 2011

I'm using pylotro 1.1.15a, game has been playing fine but I have been
trying to start the Isengard update patch and pylotro will not connect
to the server. The server is active and all the windows clients in the
house can connect to it fine.

message from patch attempts:

Connecting to patch.lotro.com:80

Connection to patch server failed error code: 0x80041003
Failed to connect to the patch server: OEC_E_CONNECTIONFAILED(0x80041003)

Connecting to patch.lotro.com:80

Connection to patch server failed error code: 0x80041003
Failed to connect to the patch server: OEC_E_CONNECTIONFAILED(0x80041003)

Connecting to patch.lotro.com:80

Connection to patch server failed error code: 0x80041003
Failed to connect to the patch server: OEC_E_CONNECTIONFAILED(0x80041003)

*** Finished ***

I have checked in the options tab and tried to re-save the patch dll
(patchclient.dll)  like we had to in older version of pylotro and I
still got the same message.

I have not been able to find anything on google for this and the appdb
page is pretty outdated.