[Wine] lotro - Isengard patch fails w/ pylotro

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Sep 26 19:09:20 CDT 2011

I re-downloaded and reinstalled both pylotro 1.1.15a and
patchclient2.dll.  Pylotro was then able to connect to the patch server
and says that it has completed patching:

Connecting to patch.lotro.com:80

checking data...
data patches: 0 bytes to download: 0
unlock: 0 empty: 0
result code: 0x00000000
Patching data:

Data patching complete.
All patching complete.

*** Finished ***

I have gone through that step multiple times to be sure there is not a
series of patches that I need to rerun pylotro to get through.

However when I log into the game I get a pop up error box saying:

'connection failed. you do not have the current version of the client
installed.'

I am not sure if this is something in pylotro that does not pass the
update information for the new expansion on to the servers properly or
if this is a wine issue. I did notice the the people around me on
windows computers had a new EULA to agree to and I did not get one so
far in my process. Again, I do not know if that is part of the issue.

I'm asking here because the appdb instructions for installation uses the
pylotro launcher as a work around to the native launcher and it is
likely that problems with it will end up as wine discussions anyway.