[Wine] Re: Installation stuck on Building apple-gcc42

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 5 09:11:14 CDT 2012

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM, ischou <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > Skunks wrote:
> >
> > Looks like MacPorts.  I just updated MacPorts and yes, it takes a long time even on a dual-quad-core Mac
> > Pro.  It's been days now. I presume your compile of apple-gcc42 finally finished?
> >

> I don't use MacPorts, but this needs to be reported to them.  Please do so.
>
> James

Oh sorry, I didn't mean that it takes days to complie apple-gcc42.  It took probably 20+ minutes on the high-end Mac Pro I was installing.  My point was that any lesser computer will likely take longer.

I was asking if Skunks finally completed his/her installation now that it's been several days since the initial post.  I'm presuming there's no problem anywhere (with Wine or MacPorts) and asserting that, "Yes, apple-gcc42 takes a heck of a long time to compile in MacPorts."