[Wine] Re: Can't run vagex.exe on Wine

wineuser_ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 21 16:05:35 CDT 2012

Hello
I didn't try IE7 but I got info on IRC that IE8 can't run on Wine. Second, I am trying on Centos now to run Wine which I downloaded from here.
Link of the website (http://pkgs.org/centos-6-rhel-6/repoforge-testing-i386/wine-1.4-1.el6.rft.i686.rpm.html)

I used winetricks with >>this tutorial here<< (http://wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/microsoft/internet-explorer-8-on-linux-with-wine.html) but it didn't work.

Now the plan is now to check if Gecko can help me or if IE7 can be used to run application.

I typed wine ~/location of exe file in system32 folder but I got message that i need mono for Windows.
And I installed it of course and still no luck. Again when I type same command from terminal I got the same message.

But since I got information that this app is in the dark zone of breaching YouTube TOS then admin should consider of closing this thread.

Cheers