[Wine] Re: Regression help please

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 10 08:14:42 CST 2012

A Nonny Moose wrote:
> It may seem bone-headed of me, but I think that line should contain an obvious non-terminal.  Anyone reading it would take it verbatim, as I did.  Stuff like that should look like this:
>
> ./wine <program_install.exe>
>
> So, the next question involves needed libraries.
>
> If I have created a new wineprefix per the instructions can I just use winetricks to install the libraries I need or do I have to do further handsprings?
>
> I've done one of these about a year ago, and it didn't seem to be a problem then.

I think its telling you what you need to know without teaching you how to use a command line... assuming people trying to use this already know command line basics.

normally in Wine you'd cd into the folder containing the exe file, so it will be able to find it because it looks at the current folder.  If your running in a different folder using ./wine so it doesn't use the wine command in your path, your not in the folder where the exe file is.

me, I'd usually just alter my $PATH for that one terminal session...
export PATH="<full path to wine build where wine executable is>:$PATH"
which would put that folder earlier in the path than where your normal installed wine is.  so when you just type "wine" it would find it first in your build folder where your doing the testing. then you could use the wine command normally, and it would run the one in the build folder... at least for that terminal session.