[Wine] Mouse click works in some parts and not others

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 19:20:51 CST 2013

On 11/08/2013 06:33 AM, Kurt Gibson wrote:

> As described in the bug report below and appdb reports, the mouse
> works on some buttons and tabs, but not what other things fields and
> radio buttons.  You can't click on stuff to give it focus or select
> it.

Hail, fellow gentoo luser :)

First, IANAL, so I can't give Bestcase an honest trial (pun intended :)

You run gentoo linux, you found wine, then found winehq and posted
your question to this mailing list.

That's already an impressive achievement for a non-programmer, so I
can't guess how much you already know about wine.

Do you know about winecfg?  If not, that's the place to begin.

My guess is that Bestcase uses one or more Windows dll files that
have not yet been ported (completely) to wine, and winecfg will let
you choose between the wine version and the Windows version of those
particular dll files.