[Wine] Mappery inquiry

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Tue Jul 7 08:04:55 CDT 2015

You probably searched the Wine application database
(https://appdb.winehq.org/) to find out that there hasn't been much
progress recently with Garmin applications (I tried to install BaseCamp
and MapSource into wine, neither with much success).

But did you have a look at QLandkarteGT? It is a native Linux
application and it is not rocket science to use.  You can load waypoints
and tracks from a Garmin device to display them on a map, if it is that
what you want to accomplish. There are a lot of free maps available, it
is described in the wiki how to load them into QLandkarte.

Older Garmin serial devices seem to be supported, but I could not try
that because I only have an USB device (Dakota 20).

HTH

--
Klaus-Peter Schrage
Fridtjof-Nansen-Str. 21