Agenda

Brian Vincent vinn at theshell.com
Thu Feb 10 22:52:36 CST 2005

As it was written in the Book of Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com>:

> So I have no idea how we want to structure an agenda.

I think we should start by following last year's format, and if it looks
like there just too many good topics to not include something, then we
split into different tracks as necessary.  Three presentations in the
morning and three in the afternoon was roughly what we had last year.

> We need an agenda, and someone (or multiple someones) to serve as the M.C.

I nominate Jeremy as MC.  I think the primary job of the MC is to just
watch the clock and make sure everything flows smoothly.

> Personally, I think we should try to be pretty severe in
> limiting the number and length of presentations.   In fact,
> I think the ideal may be a short (< 30 minutes) presentation followed
> by a 30-45 minute break.  Everyone can come to the start to be

I agree.

> I had one ISV that was using Wine express an interest in
> presenting; I've emailed him just now to see if he's still
> interested.

One thing I'd love to hear is something about enterprise deployment.  Is
that something they could speak about?  This is purely selfish reasons -
I have a book chapter about the topic and I have no clue what I'm going to
write.  I think it's also something that could benefit developers to hear
though.

> I'd like to present (and pitch) the cxtest visual regression
> stuff we're doing, but that's my personal agenda, and could
> take a back seat to something else.

Yeah, that'd be cool.

> Anyone else have something they'd like to present?  Or something
> they'd like to see covered?

(For those of you forgetting last year, here's the summary:
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=208 )

Here's what I'd like to see:

WRS intro
Keynote - Alexandre
Road to .9 and 1.0 - Dimi
ReactOS demo - all the ReactOS guys
Ideas for Samba and Wine to share the same playground - Andrew Tridgell
CXTest - CodeWeavers
DirectX / WineD3D - Jason Edmeades

Last year's combo of Alexandre and Dimi really fit well together.  The
ReactOS demo is always neat, and there's definitely a lot of activity
on that project.  If Tridge is coming, I think it would be neat if he
could speak about any ideas he might have for integrating networking
stuff into Wine - I know Juan already ran into problems last year when
he was working on Network Neighborhood.  Or, maybe we get Juan to present
something from a Wine perspective on what we'd like out of Samba.
Finally, if the DirectX stuff really takes off it'd be neat to see
Jason show off some of his work.

-Brian