Uni of Stuttgart ok with Wineconf

Brian Vincent vinn at theshell.com
Tue Jan 4 17:50:54 CST 2005

As it was written in the Book of Ulrich Gemkow <gemkow at ikr.uni-stuttgart.de>:

> >  1) The event will be non-commercial in the sense we don't make money on
> >     it.  CodeWeavers and WRS will provide $$$ and support to help pull
> >     this event off.
>
> This is required for the university to host wineconf. We see this as
> an opportunity to support open source software.

We want it to be non-commercial too, so this is good.

> >  3) The criteria for meeting space we came up with seems pretty solid.  I
> >     included it at the bottom of this email in case anyone wants to review
> >     it again.  Included are room sizes and other requirements.
>
> It seems you missed to add the information, I need this to look for the
> rooms.

I did forget to include it.  Here it is:

* guests: about 50-70

* rooms:
  - two: one break room, one meeting room
  - size: large enough to hold the 50-70 people ;)
    [8m x 12m minimum, anything larger is fine]
* equipment:
 * LCD projector
 * white board or something large to write on
 * Internet connection and LAN equipment to support 30 laptops.
 * some form of microphone
 * if possible, digital audio/video archive of conference

* duration: two full days.
  At least 2 nights of lodging with an optional day on
  either side would be nice. ?I think last year's schedule worked well,
  so we should plan on:
   - arriving on Friday, with a loosely organized, late dinner (point us in
   - arriving on Friday, with a loosely organized, late dinner (point us in
     the direction of a restaurant)
   - arrangements on Saturday for an informal breakfast - coffee, tea,
     bagels,?etc
   - start the conference at 8am, break for lunch, continue until late
     afternoon
   - organized dinner on Saturday night
   - start again early on Sunday
   - finish late in the afternoon

* accomodation:
 * moderately priced
 * about 50-80 USD/night, youth hostel nice2have in addition
 * Codeweavers: would you still offer to financially reassure
  a hotel, once we found one?

By the way, this was the "v0.2" list but I removed the date and location
section from it since we seem to have that figured out (yay!)

> > I think this is current working list of things to do:
> >
> >  1) Confirm we have 3 rooms at the University that will meet the criteria
> >     we came up with.  I think it's better to try to get 3 now, then try
> >     to add another later.  Of course, if 3 is a problem then we can make
> >     2 work.  WRS will need confirmation of that.  Confirm by 1/8?
>
> After having the info how many rooms of which sizes are needed, I have
> to check with our central administration that the required rooms are
> free and not reserved for other purposes. For this I need some time.
>
> Please wait with further broader announcements until we have the
> room reservation confirmed by our central administration.

Yes, we will definitely wait.

> >  2) WRS will help locate lodging near the University.  Lodging package by
> >     1/14?
>
> I can give some information on this if this helps

You may want to contact David about this and discuss it.  I think
the two of you would be able to work something out quickly.

> Hope this helps, Greetings

Thank you again!  This helps immensely.

-Brian Vincent