Hotel info

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Aug 30 14:31:08 CDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Say, I thought I'd let you know that we've now booked about 20 people
from CodeWeavers into the Rex Hotel:

  http://www.zuerich-hotels.ch/html/index.php?id=21&no_cache=1&L=1

The say they have more rooms at the rate they quoted me (120 CHF),
so others might want to investigate.

I have no reason to think that the Rex is particularly bad or nice;
There were plenty of other places in town, some that looked nicer;
the Rex has the main quality of having replied to my email <grin>.

There are some hostels in town that are much less, and a few less
expensive hotels around, as well as a number of other, probably
nicer hotels.  The one thing I found was that there was nothing
but quite expensive (and full) hotels near the Google offices,
so a 15 minute tram ride appears to be a must no matter where you stay.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing you all; I'll see if we can't
find a bar near the Rex we can propose as a meeting place for Friday night...

Cheers,

Jeremy