Installshield 6 (inter-proc) patches

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Dec 20 23:11:37 CST 2001

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> Does it nessararily follow that you wish to accept any means to
> achieve this? Including, say, to be really extreme:
> "Nuke the middle east, then it will be peace there"
> and after enough nukes it probably WILL be peace,
> so it would be entire in line with peace on earth. Right?

Patrik, if you think licensing software under the LGPL is equivalent to
nuking the middle east out of existence, you need to take a _deep_
breath, drink some cold water, and stay away from those pills.

Since we're here, this is the type of attitude that really destroys the
credibility of much of your arguments. I mean, exagerations of the form:
'LGPL gives you nothing, it's a pile of crap' despite the enormous effort
put in it by various lawyers and law professors from reputable
universities, will not buy you many friends. Do you really think that the
entire law establishment in the US has all gone mad and can't see the
'Gapping Hole' in the LGPL, and you were the chosen one to see it?

--
Dimi.