[dx8-5] Windows never reports 24 bit screen depths

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Apr 19 17:07:29 CDT 2003

> I dont - I query it with GetDeviceCaps and this is what gets returned.
>         hdc = CreateDCA("DISPLAY", NULL, NULL, NULL);
>         bpp = GetDeviceCaps(hdc, BITSPIXEL);
>         DeleteDC(hdc);
>
> Actually, all the screen handling in the dx8 code is awful (I can say that
> as I put it there...).

Well, this is related to the other thread about the resolution change
patch... Wine should NOT return '24' here but '32'.

In Windows, '24' here means really 24/24 mode (which is not 3D accelerated
on any hardware I know).

So a better 'hack' would be to have 24 equivalent to 32.

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/