[ANN] Conformance testing campaign

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Sep 3 14:28:48 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>>> If we need, we can create 2 versions of the
>>> winetests.exe: one with MinGW compiled tests, one with
>>> MSVC. But do we really need to bother?
>>
>> I am afraid yes.  The Dsound test does not compile with
>> MinGW while others compile but do not run (DPA_Create) or
>> similar.  Testing MinGW is nice, but not enough.
>
> I don't think we need to _distribute_ two binaries. If the
> MSVC one works better, the person designated to build and
> publicly post the winetests.exe should build the tests
> through MSVC. Once we fix everything so that MinGW works
> just as well, we might as well switch to that.
>
> How does that sound?

That sounds nice, but I have got the feeling that it is not
only Wine's fault that the tests do not compile.  MinGW also
has its problems, and although new versions are definitely
better, they are arguably not perfect (dsound misses some
uuid features, urlmon not present).  Their import libraries
will probably be good enough for us one day, but it is not
our desk.  Or did I misunderstand something?

Feri.