[OLE #10] Make out of process COM work with OXID based marshal ids

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 22 15:39:20 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 14:18 -0700, tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net wrote:
> Anyways I was wondering I anyone could give me an update

Huw is working on adding TLB output support to widl, so hopefully we
should have a stdole32.tlb out of the box within a month or so (maybe
earlier).

The rest of the work involves simply improving our DCOM code to make
InstallShield work correctly. Here are the issues I know about already:

- stdole32.tlb needed, see above
- painting problems (ie it doesn't draw right): needs thread affinity,
  which in turn needs correct RPC re-entrancy
- iTunes installer hangs at the end, refcount leak triggered I think by
  InstallShield throwing across non-exception safe code when it hits
  an MSI stub
- InstallShield 8 (9?) doesn't start up ...

thanks -mike