Governance revisited

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 20:01:23 CDT 2006

On 9/25/06, jimtabor <jimtabor at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Every Wine developer needs to read this,
> http://www.codeweavers.com/services/ and
> http://www.codeweavers.com/services/wine .

I'm a Wine developer, and I don't work for codeweavers.  Why should I read that?

> It is your job to provide support for this product, I spend money and I
> need help, where do
> I go?

It is not my job to provide support for this product.  Even if you're
referring to Dmitry and everyone else that works at Codeweavers,
you're still wrong.  This is the wine-devel mailing list, and has
nothing to do with Codeweavers.  You confuse Crossover Office and Wine
as being the same product/project.  Just because they work at
Codeweavers, can they not also work on Wine and not have affiliation
with Codeweavers?  Of course they can, as can anyone else who has a
real job outside of Wine.

> Are you going to piss me off by telling me to shut up and put up with
> the poor support from
> this mailing list?

If you want support, head to wine-users or buy support for *Crossover
Office* from Codeweavers.

> This project needs a course in technical sales support. Good idea for
> the next WineConf!

What are we selling and who are we selling it to?  I thought this was
a FOSS project.

> Remember you represent CodeWeavers, start acting like it.

First, he doesn't represent Codeweavers on the wine-devel mailing
list.  Second, there's nothing unprofessional about his actions.

--
James Hawkins