[Winetest RFI] What do you want out of the test suite?

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 04:18:04 CDT 2007

Wagner Ferenc wrote:
> Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I've been playing a bit with have the 'todo_<platform>' on the page. In theory
>> it's possible that there are todo_<platform>'s that why I don't refer to todo_wine.
>>
>> On http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_orig/ you can see the current
>> situation for some random test results.
>>
>> On http://www.xs4all.nl/~pvriens/200708181000_with_todo/ I've added a column
>> with todo's if one or more tests have a todo_item. This todo columns will only
>> be present in the main summary and shows the maximum number of todo's for that
>> test for that platform.
>>
>> I've tried adding the todo information to the current table cells but didn't
>> find a satisfactory (that is nice looking) way. This is especially true for
>> tests that also have a skip.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Why not introduce something like
>
> .todo_pass {
>         background-color: #60ff60;
>         border-right-style: solid;
>         border-left-style: solid;
>         border-width: thick;
>         border-left-color: #ffffff;
>         border-right-color: #60ff60;
> }
>
> That way todo_wine needn't be special in any way, and this notation
> also carries over for the individual test results (which should be the
> same, but some more visualization can't hurt).  In the group overview
> the tooltip could also be extended by this information.
>
> Unless you can use some clever inheritance (cascading), you'll
> have to introduce all of .todo_skip_pass, .todo_mixed, etc. but that's
> manageable.
>
> I chose white border color in the above example, as I couldn't come up
> with anything better.  Besides clashing with the textual fields (.,
> crash, timeout, etc.) it's not bad in my opinion.  We could as well
> live with it.

Hi Feri,

It will not clash btw as failed/crash/timeout tests will not have todo's (they
are catched already in gather).

It will probably boil down to what people prefer. I'll have a go at your idea
(I've played already with the same idea as said, but didn't liked the results
then) and post another link. Then it will come down to voting :-)

Cheers,

Paul.